- I added about double the amount of both cheeses
- I used black pepper pasta from a vendor at the Mill City Museum, yummy!
- I added a cup of frozen peas to the dish when the mushrooms were done cooking
- I cooked the mushrooms in garlic olive oil
- I used 1-2 cups of pasta water to thin out the sauce and help it cling to the noodles.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Black Pepper Pasta with Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
Well, we bought goat milk and cheese making supplies two weeks ago, and never found time to make goat cheese using our kit again. Sigh, the milk went bad before we got around to it. So, we bought goat cheese at CostCo (killer deal) and made this pasta dish. The recipe is basically Food & Wine's Ziti with Portobello Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese, with a few additions/swaps: