- Arby's- Who would guess that the best fast food fish sandwich would be from a roast beef place? The fish was flaky, and the bun to fish ratio was perfect. The tarter sauce was good, and the lettuce crunchy. This is my new favorite.
- Wendy's- This came in a close second, as I liked the proportions, but Arby's seasoning was better.
- Hardees- There aren't many left in the Twin Cities, but there happens to be one on my way home on Hamline. This sandwich is not breaded and fried like all the others, and is on a wheat bun. A refreshing change, and I would get this again when in the neighborhood.
- McDonald's- Charlie still likes this one for nostalgia reasons, but I find it limp and often too full of tarter sauce.
- White Castle- A horrible waste of fish squeezed into a rectangular patty.
Monday, March 17, 2014
I grew up with fish sticks or McDonald's Filet-o-Fish on Fridays during Lent. Well, Charlie and I always have a fish sandwich and shamrock shake the weekend of St. Patrick's Day. This year there were a lot of ads for other sandwiches, so we were curious, which is the best? Here is my ranking: