- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 slice of crusty bread, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce jar of roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2-3 Tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions:Preheat over to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, saute bread and almonds, stirring frequently until toasted. Add the garlic and saute 1-2 minutes. Remove bread mixture to a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth. Spread the sauce onto a baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes, until the edges begin to caramelize. Cool on the pan, then move to a storage container.
Serve over grilled vegetables, potatoes, or on crusty bread or pasta.